Friday, March 30, 2012

Diagram using Inspiration

Using the program Inspiration, I was able to create a diagram displaying the planets and their characteristics, which meets a requirement in both the Tennessee State Curriculum Standards and the NETS•T.















What went well:
The program Inspiration was extremely easy to use and allowed for a wide variety of creativity when creating a diagram. I had no trouble setting up my diagram and inputting my information. In addition, I found it really easy to edit my diagram from another computer. I thoroughly enjoyed using this program to create my diagram on the planets and look forward to using it in the future.


What did not go well:
Although the program proved to be very easy to use, I had a hard time determining the scale for my project and found it confusing to know if my project was completely centered or if the viewer of my diagram would have to scroll vertical or horizontal in order to view the entire diagram. That was one of the only issues I had when using this program. Another issue I faced was being able to select all of the arrows/links at the same time. I could never figure out a way to select all of them at the same time in order to edit their size, color, thickness, etc. Rather, I had to change each individual link/arrow one at a time.


What I would change:
I would definitely change the ability to select all of the arrows/links at the same time in order to edit. This may already be an option and I just could not figure out how to make it happen. However, if it is not an option I would make that possible because having to change each individual one becomes extremely tedious and time consuming. I would also provide the ability to lock in your proportion of your diagram. That way you would not have to worry about scrolling vertical and horizontal in order to view your entire diagram. In addition, this would make organizing your diagram easier because it would not be possible for you to be scrolling all over the place when trying to place different graphics and symbols.


How I plan to use this in my classroom:
I think this program will be an excellent tool to use in my future classroom. Inspiration allows the creation of more than just diagrams. It also provides the ability to make outlines, maps, templates, etc. This diagram project will come in use when providing my class with projects that integrate both the computer and a textbook. I can use the diagram project to allow my students to organize information on all different types of subject matter. The program Inspiration alone will provide me with a variety of ways to integrate the digital world into my classroom and I look forward to using it as a tool for teaching lessons to my students and as a tool for my students to use to complete different projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment