Thursday, April 12, 2012

ActivInspire

This past week we learned about using the Promethean board with the program ActivInspire and through this program we made a flipchart to teach a particular curriculum standard. This program is so amazing and I look forward to using it in my classroom.

What went well:
ActivInspire is an amazing program that offers a wide variety of creativity for all subjects. The program was relatively easy to navigate when making my flipchart. I really enjoyed all the options that this program allows you and how your flipchart can be interactive so that your students can participate. I also really liked the fact that you can lock objects on the different slides so that students won't be able to move them when interacting on the board.

What did not go well: 
Although the program is relatively easy to navigate there were still some things that were hard to find or figure out how to do through the program. For instance, I had a really hard time figuring out how to lock a line so that it could not be moved when out of design mode. Even after searching through the program it still took me a long time to figure out the issue. In addition, I had trouble remembering how to do all of the cool techniques to reveal answers on your slides like the magic inc, erase tool, the reveal effect, etc. These techniques are definitely ones that you have to experiment with.

What I would change:
I would definitely make locking objects easier and make the lock button easier to find on the program. I feel that everything should be able to be locked in design mode no matter what it is. I would also put a tab in the browser section that was strictly dedicated to the creative reveal techniques. These techniques are fun for teachers to use and even more fun for students to watch. Making a tab in the browser would allow for those who do not know about this techniques to learn how to use them making their flipcharts that much more exciting.

How I plan to use this in my classroom:
I personally can't wait to use this program in my classroom. I will be using the ActivInspire program to create flipcharts to teach different lessons to my class while also providing them with an interactive experience. One of the ways I am most excited to use this program in my classroom is to do the daily morning activities with the calendar, date, weather, counting coins, patterns, etc. As a whole the ActivInspire program can be used for so much in my classroom that I do not yet know about and I can't wait to experiment with the program throughout my teaching career. This program will be an awesome asset to my future classroom!

Below is a screen shot of an interactive slide in my flipchart which covers Urban and Rural Communities. On this slide, the students will come up and sort the words under the correct category. To reveal the answer, the student will change the fill color of each box.

No comments:

Post a Comment